Title: HR Specialist
Duty Station: ARA/EU Project, Kabul
Objective/Purpose of the Assignment:
Railways are a vital mode of transportation to facilitate domestic and regional connectivity and can also significantly contribute to economic growth and help promote a market-led economic environment that fosters private sector participation. After decades of conflict which has severely damaged Afghanistan’s transport infrastructure, Afghanistan has an urgent need for an upgraded national transportation system as a precursor to economic development and to support political stability in the country. The expansion of Afghanistan's current national railway system will ultimately allow Afghanistan to export minerals and agricultural products and will significantly enhance its position as a regional trading partner by linking it to products, consumers and markets across Eurasia and beyond, as well improving internal lines of communication within the country. A successful development and operation of Afghanistan railways bears a tremendous opportunity to create new and support existing prospects for the economic growth not just for the country but also for the neighboring countries from the central and south Asia.
One portion of the financing supports to strengthen the institutional capacity building of the Afghanistan Railway Authority (ARA). This component will be referred to as the ARA capacity building project (the project).
This position will aim at strengthening the capacity and performance of ARA team/assigned group in delivering the EU project components, and eventually managing capacity building of current HR team through this technical assistance.
Scope of Work:
* The HR Specialist will lead, motivate and push the team for high performance, we can then overcome the challenges of work load and we can utilize the human resources efficiently, namely the EU project.
* The specialist will also focus on hunting best international talents with reasonable cost, their efficiency in training and capacity building of national staff, also he/she will be taking other measures e.g. security, accommodation into prior consideration.
* The specialist will train HR team for their development and capacity building
• The HR specialist is the de factor head of human resources and the responsible for the wellbeing/growth of the team. The Director utilizes the capacity building component to grow a team with high capability, motivation and profile, as well as with a culture of performance, integrity and transparency;
• Playing a senior management role in the strategic planning and management of the HR team including the long-term strategy, the short-term plans, team management and development and accountability for delivery;
• Establishing close linkages and relationships with other key stakeholders, (donors, organizations, Government departments and implementing partners) to champion the work of the ARA/ADB, to make sure it is properly understood and appreciated, and to secure additional resources;
• Ensuring all employee contracts are prepared & implemented on time and within budget, and that they meet or exceed all operational targets. This will include tracking, reporting and evaluating performance on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis, using this to inform continual improvement in performance;
• Assuring compliance with HR and procurement procedures, legal covenants and all social and environmental safeguards;
• Being an HR specialist under Project Manager & deputy Admin/Finance ARA in relation to the capacity building project, He/she will maintain close communication and collaboration, facilitating ADB technical assistance, ensuring compliance as necessary with ADB procedures, and proactively sharing performance reports of the employees and consultants weekly.
Under guidance, and management by the specialist, the team will be trained and motivated for doing the tasks on time, effectively and full compliance with ADB/ARA policy and procedures.
The candidate will report to Deputy ARA Finance/Admin & Project Manager
Minimum Qualifications Requirements
- To have rich knowledge of public/government law on recruitment
- to have knowledge of donor – ADB – HR guidelines
- Bachelor degree with more than 8 years’ experience within multinational/donor origination
- To have management and leading skills.
- Strong communication skills with foreigners
- Understanding Pashto/Dari/English is must with Russian language a priority.
- Bachelor degree in business or public administration with 8 years plus experience or
- Master degree in business or public administration with 5 years plus experience
- Management and self-starting skills are must.
Interested applicants shall apply online through the link provided below.
Applicants who don’t apply online, will not be shortlisted.