Senior Strategic Planning Expert
TOR for Senior Strategic Planning Expert
Afghanistan’s infrastructure was largely destroyed during the Soviet invasion, civil conflicts after 1979, and poor maintenance since then. In more than 30 years of conflict virtually no development took place, leaving a huge infrastructure deficit. After 2002, Afghanistan planned to develop major infrastructure projects such as the national rail network, electrical systems whose demands are increasing by 25 per cent annually, national road networks, dams and airfields, all critical issues for Afghanistan.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Senior Strategic Planning Expert would directly report to the CEO, Afghanistan Railway Authority and would have the following primary roles and responsibilities.
- Develop, understand and shape ARA’s strategy and mission.
- Develop plans to materialize strategy and analyze project/business proposals.
- Conducting research and data analysis to inform business analysis.
- Assess the company’s operational and strategic performance.
- Assist in aligning processes, resources-planning and department goals with overall strategy.
- Provide support and insight into significant organizational changes.
- Assist senior executives in making effective decisions.
- Construct forecasts and analytical models.
- Monitor and analyze industry trends and market changes.
- Ensuring that ample funds are allocated to all projects by coordinating with relevant departments responsible for funds acquisition and project implementation.
- Assist in development of policies and regulations for the railway sector.
- Any other task as assigned by the direct supervisor.
- Master Degree from a reputed University with 5 years working experience in the field of Engineering and Management of Infrastructure Projects or Bachelor Degree with a Minimum of 7 years experience in the field of Engineering and Management of Infrastructure Projects.
- Preference would be given to candidates having background in working with major Donors, such as, WB, ADB and USAID
- Good Command of English Language
- Understanding of National Languages Pashto/Dari
- Candidates with PMP/PRINCE2 Credentials would be given preference
interested candidates, who matches the above criteria may send their CV, Educational documents, ID, Related Experience and Contract in one PDF document electronically to the below mentioned emails (Both email).
Please mention the Job Title at the subject line of your email.
Email: email@example.com ,